Nick's research has appeared in law reviews, peer-reviewed journals, and popular media outlets on topics that span ethics, public health, international law, and international arbitration.
- Where Do We Go from Here?: Socio-Economic Human Rights in ISDS Reform After COVID-19, Colum. Human Rts. L. Rev. Online (forthcoming 2021) (with Kabir A.N. Duggal)
- The Impossibility of Noncontribution, Va. J. Int’l L. Online (forthcoming, 2021)
- Adding New Ingredients to an Old Recipe: Do ISDS Reforms and New Investment Treaties Support Human Rights? 53 Case W. Res. J. Int’l L. _ (forthcoming, 2021) (with Kabir A.N. Duggal) [invited symposium]
- Developments in Investment and Human Rights in 2019, in Yearbook on International Investment Law & Policy 2020 (Lisa E. Sachs, Lise J. Johnson, & Jesse Coleman, eds., forthcoming, 2021)
- Book Review, Trade Agreements and Public Health: A Primer for Health Policy Makers, Researchers and Advocates, 34 ICSID Rev. – Foreign Inv. L.J. _ (forthcoming, 2021)
- 2020 in Review: The Pandemic, Investment Treaty Arbitration, and Human Rights, (with Kabir A.N. Duggal), Kluwer Arbitration Blog, Jan. 23, 2021
- The Final Say on Australia’s Plain Packaging Law at the WTO, O’Neill Institute for National & Global Health Law, Aug. 6, 2020
- ISDS Reform and Advancing All "Generations" of Human Rights (with Kabir A.N. Duggal), Kluwer Arbitration Blog, June 17, 2020
- Necessity in the Time of Pandemics, Georgetown Journal of International Law Blog, May 12, 2020
- Pandemics, Emergency Measures, and ISDS, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, April 13, 2020.
- 2019 in Review: International Investment Agreements and Human Rights, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, Feb. 8, 2020.